The Yummiest Brisket You’ll Ever Have
Design-team alum Eitan walks us through the ultimate brisket preparation.
- 2 pounds of beef brisket
- 1/2 a cup of ketchup
- 1/2 a cup of white vinegar
- 1/2 a cup of Barbecue sauce
- 1 packet of onion soup mix
- 1 sweet onion, cut into petals
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your onions down in a single layer in a 13x9 inch sized pan.
- Place the brisket on top of the onions.
- Mix the ketchup, vinegar, BBQ sauce and onion soup mix in a bowl.
- Pour the liquid mixture on top of brisket, making sure to coat the meat evenly.
- Cover and seal the pan with aluminum foil.
- Cook in the oven for 3 hours.
- Take out the brisket and let it rest and cool for an hour.
- Have a grownup slice the brisket thinly.
- Make sure to put your leftover brisket back in the pan to freeze the leftovers!
- Don’t forget to reheat your brisket after freezing it – no one likes an ice cold brisket.