Fun with Curious George
Did you read Curious George books when you were younger? With The Journey That Saved Curious George, you can now learn more about the story behind how this beloved character was created. Here are some fun activities you can do to connect with Curious George.
Did you know that Curious George’s creators were Jewish?! Many of us remember reading Curious George books when we were younger. With The Journey That Saved Curious George, you can now learn more about the story behind how this beloved character was created.
Here are some fun activities you can do to connect with Curious George.
READ ABOUT THE STORY BEHIND THE BOOKS
The PJ Our Way book selection committee was very excited to provide The Journey That Saved Curious George. Read why they chose this book.
MAKE A PAPER BOAT
Do you remember when Curious George made a boat out of newspaper? Grab a newspaper and use his instructions to make one of your own.
MAKE AND ENJOY FROZEN BANANAS
Curious George loved bananas. Here is a yummy twist that makes a great after school snack.YIELD: Makes 4 servings
ACTIVE TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour
- 2 ripe but firm bananas
- 6 ounces milk or dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or butter (if needed)
- 1/2 cup granola, chopped nuts, mini-marshmallows, or sprinkles (optional)
- 4 popsicle sticks
- Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil or parchment paper.
- Cut the bananas in half and insert a Popsicle stick into each half, as shown. Place them on the baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with the oil in a Pyrex measuring cup in the microwave (check it every 30 seconds) or over a half-full pan of simmering water (about 2 minutes). Stir until smooth.
- Roll each banana half in the chocolate, then quickly sprinkle with your topping (if using).
- Freeze until the chocolate sets, 30 minutes. Serve or freeze in an airtight container for up to a week.
Source: Adapted from Epicurious
CURIOUS GEORGE ® is a registered trademark and the CURIOUS GEORGE logo is a trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.
What other fun activities can you do to connect with Curious George? Comment below!